Back to recipes
Ham and pear croque-monsieur
Easy to prepare, the croque-monsieur (an open-faced sandwich) remains a winning choice for the whole family. Here is a fondue recipe to explore.
- La Brume du Littoral Fondue (crafted with beer)
- 4 slices of bread (of your choice, i.e., multigrain, crusty bread, etc.)
- 8 slices of sliced ham
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and sliced
- Approximately 180 mL (¾ cup) fresh arugula
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) mustard or Dijon mustard (to taste)
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Peel and core the pear. Slice the pear into thin slices.
- Prepare the Brume du Littoral Fondue as directed.
- Spread strong mustard or Dijon mustard on bread slices.
- Brush an ovenproof baking sheet with olive oil. Place bread on baking sheet.
- Place two slices of ham on each slice, add pears and pour cheese fondue over the top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with arugula.
A croque-monsieur will do the trick no matter what time of day it is.
*For an even quicker version, simply add ham, brush the bread with strong mustard and pour the fondue on top.
Easily find our fondues!