- Fondue Léonne
- 750 ml (3 cups) sweet potato fries, frozen or homemade
- 750 ml (3 cups) classic fries
- 250 ml (1 cup) smoked bacon, diced
- 1 green onion, minced
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread the fries over a baking sheet and bake according to the instructions on the package. (Important note: sweet potato fries usually cook faster than other kinds of fries.)
- In a small dry frying pan over medium heat, brown the bacon until crunchy (about 10 minutes). Set aside.
- Prepare the Fondue Léonne according to the instructions on the package.
- Put the fries and bacon onto plates. Pour the cheese fondue over the top. Add the minced green onion, and salt and pepper if desired.
Poutine is always a hearty, flavourful comfort food. With our reinvented poutine, you’ll love every bite!
* You can make this recipe with regular fries or homemade fries.
** For a little touch of sweetness, add some caramelized onions.
La Léonne fondue with beer is delicate yet full of flavour—a surefire crowd-pleaser. Léonne beer, made by Carleton-based microbrewery Le Naufrageur, offers citrus notes that perfectly set off the blend of Fromagerie de l’Isle cheeses.