Last updated: February 4, 2021
In this policy, “personal information” means information about an identifiable natural person, like their name and birth date. This policy does not pertain to non-personal information, which is information that does not identify you. However, when we collect non-personal information that is associated with an identifiable individual, this information is then considered personal information and is subject to this policy.
1. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect the following kinds of information.
Information that you provide us directly
- Your username, password and email address when you create an account.
- The information you provide us to create your user profile (including your first and last name, email address and telephone number). This information enables us to help users find each other on 1001 Fondues.
- Communication between 1001 Fondues and you. This may include, for example, emails from us about the Service (account verification, Service feature modifications and updates, technical and security notices, etc.).
We use third-party analytical tools to measure traffic and evaluate the Service’s usage trends. These tools collect information sent by your device or by our Service. This information helps us improve the quality of the Service. We collect and use this analytical information along with information from other users. Generally, it does not identify any particular user. However, as previously indicated, when we associate this non-personal information with an identifiable individual, it becomes personal information.
Information about 1001 Fondues accounts
We collect information about your activities on the Service, as well as about your in-store purchases.
When you use a mobile device, such as a tablet or a cellphone, to access our Service, we can access, collect, control, or store one or more “device identifiers” on your device, or remotely store them. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures that are stored on, or associated with, your mobile device so that it may be uniquely identified.
A device identifier may be composed of data stored relating to the device’s physical characteristics, its operating system and its various software, as well as information sent to the device by 1001 Fondues.
Device identifiers can communicate information to 1001 Fondues about how you browse and use the Service and can help 1001 Fondues to provide personalized reports and content.
Metadata is generally the technical data associated with the user content. It describes how user content has been collected and formatted, at what time, and by whom.
2. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To help you efficiently access your personal information after logging in;
- To store your personal information to prevent you from having to retype it during your visit or future visits to the Service;
- To provide you, as well as third parties, with personalized content and information, which may include online advertising and other kinds of marketing;
- To ensure, improve, test and control our Service’s efficiency;
- To develop and test new products and features;
- To monitor different indicators (including the total number of visitors, traffic and demographics);
- To diagnose or resolve technical problems;
- To create and manage any loyalty program implemented by 1001 Fondues or third parties mandated by 1001 Fondues for this purpose, which may include verifying your eligibility for such a program;
- To perform market studies;
- To organize contests, challenges and special offers on the Service;
- To promote and advertise the Service or your participation in an event on any platform or through any media, including in any 1001 Fondues point of sale.
Storage and handling
We take reasonable protective measures to ensure the security of the information collected through the Service. However, 1001 Fondues cannot ensure the security of the personal information that you share with us or guarantee the protection of information published on the Service against access, disclosure, modification and destruction.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your unique password and your account information, as well as controlling access to emails between you and 1001 Fondues, at all times. We are not responsible for other organizations’ functionalities, confidentiality and security measures. We actively retain personal information for the duration required for our relationship and for a certain period afterward in order to enable us to answer questions or according to what is required by applicable law. After this period, personal information is destroyed after a certain time according to our information conservation policy or the law.
You may view most of the personal information we have about you by accessing your 1001 Fondues account. In the event any personal information cannot be viewed from your account, 1001 Fondues allows it to be viewed and changed according to applicable laws, and undertakes to provide it to you within a reasonable time. You must provide proof of your identity in order for your personal information to be provided to you. If costs are incurred to recover or transmit the information you have requested, we will notify you of the costs for which you will be responsible and will proceed only with your authorization.
We have a policy to respond to consultation requests as required by applicable law. In some cases, 1001 Fondues may refuse personal information consultation requests, particularly when the information requested could reveal confidential or personal information about another person, or when a legal or regulatory requirement prohibits their consultation or allows us to prohibit it.
Refusal and opt-out
You have the right to refuse and opt out of sharing your personal information with us.
The right to refuse is the possibility offered to internet users to refuse to allow their personal information to be used for certain purposes mentioned at the time of collection.
The right to opt out is the possibility offered to internet users to request that their personal information no longer appear, for example, in a mailing list. Any requests may be sent to 1001 Fondues at: email@example.com
Right of access
Users may view, modify or delete information about them. Any requests may be sent to 1001 Fondues at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All personal information we collect is kept in a secure environment. All people working for us are required to respect the privacy of your information.
We use the following to help keep your personal information safe:
- The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol
- Access management (authorized and concerned persons)
- Data backups
We maintain a high degree of confidentiality by employing the latest technological innovations to ensure the privacy of your transactions. However, no mechanism is absolutely safe, and there is therefore always a risk involved when transmitting personal information over the internet.