Village pig burger
- Fondue au Village
- 4 hamburger buns
- 450 g (1 lb.) ground pork
- Salt and pepper
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) barbecue sauce
- 4 leaves of iceberg or leaf lettuce
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 pickle slices
- Ketchup, mayonnaise and/or mustard (to taste)
- Oil the grill.
- Preheat the grill on high.
- In a bowl, mix the ground pork and barbecue sauce. Add salt and pepper. Make into four thick patties.
- Grill the patties for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the meat is cooked through. Grill the buns.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Fondue au village according to the instructions on the package.
- Spread the buns with ketchup, mayonnaise and/or mustard (to taste). Put the lettuce and patty on the bottom of the bun. Pour the fondue over the patty. Garnish with lettuce, tomato and pickle, and add the top half of the bun.
You can still enjoy the taste of barbecue when the weather is cold. Just close your eyes and bite into your burger, and you’ll almost feel the fresh air. For a moment, it’ll be like stepping into a summer’s day.
*Real fondue lovers can also pour fondue inside the bread for extra cheesiness.
We’re delighted to offer you this deliciously local fondue, full of the flavours of Quebec’s North: savoury, with floral aromas and a delicately fragrant touch of garlic flower from the unique Fleurs d’ail cheese. Fondue au Village is made using the amazing raw milk cheeses crafted by mother-daughter team Anne and Hélène of Le Fromage au Village in Lorrainville, Témiscamingue.