Eggs benedict with 3 Fromages de l’Isle Fondue
• 3 Fromages de l’Isle cheese fondue
• 8 eggs
• 15 ml (1 tbsp) white vinegar
• 4 English muffins, halved
• 8 slices smoked ham
• 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter (salted or unsalted)
• 5 ml (1 tsp) maple syrup
• 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh chives, minced
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Bring a pot of salted water just to a simmer, and add the white vinegar. One at a time, break each egg into a small bowl or saucer. Delicately slide the egg into the water. Poach 4 eggs at once for 2 to 3 minutes, or until done to your taste. (The yolks should be runny and the whites cooked, but wobbly.) Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the pot, and drain them well. Poach the remaining eggs the same way.
- In a frying pan, heat the smoked ham in the butter and maple syrup for about 1 minute or until hot. Set aside.
- Toast the English muffins.
- Prepare the 3 Fromages de l’Isle fondue according to the instructions on the package.
- Spread some fondue on the English muffins. Top with ham, and set one egg on each English muffin half. Sprinkle with chives. Top with a generous dollop of fondue and garnish with chives.
This delectable twist on eggs benedict is perfect for a weekend brunch or special occasion. Pro tip: we recommend adding some fruit to your plate too, so you can dip it in the cheese fondue.
*You can also use smoked salmon in place of ham.