Special F nachos
- Fondue L’Ancêtre
- 1 bag (300 g) of nacho chips
- 500 ml (2 cups) of cooked chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Green onion, finely sliced (to taste)
- Fresh cilantro (to taste)
- Approx. 125 ml (1/2 cup) salsa
- Sour cream, guacamole or salsa to serve alongside (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare the Fondue L’Ancêtre according to the instructions on the package.
- Spread out some of the nacho chips and pour the fondue over them. Sprinkle on some cooked chicken, vegetables and dollops of salsa, saving some for the rest of the recipe.
- Repeat with another layer of nacho chips, cheese fondue, cooked chicken, vegetables and salsa.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the nachos are perfectly golden-brown.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
If you like, serve with sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa. Dip in your nachos and munch away!
*For a vegetarian version, just leave out the chicken.
Our L’Ancêtre fondue is made with cheeses from the Bécancour cheesemaker L’Ancêtre, plus beer from the Carleton-sur-Mer microbrewery Le Naufrageur. The two are expertly combined into fondue at our small factory in Quebec—it’s hard to get more homegrown than that! The result is full-bodied, perfectly balanced and packed with flavour.