Crepes stuffed with caramelized apples and apricots
- Chic! Fondue – Cider
- 150 mL (2/3 cup) milk
- 1 whole egg
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60 mL (4 tablespoons) flour
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) melted butter
- 4 apples, peeled and quartered
- 4 quartered apricots
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) honey (to taste)
- In a hot skillet, add the cut-out fruits. Add two (2) to three (3) tablespoons of honey. Simmer for about four (4) minutes on each side. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine milk, egg, sugar and salt. Whisk flour into mixture. Add melted butter and mix until well blended.
- In a hot skillet, pour the crepe mixture with a ladle (pour enough to cover the bottom of the skillet). Make a thin crepe. Cook for two (2) minutes on each side.
- Prepare the Chic! Fondue – Cider as directed.
- Top crepes with apples and apricots. Roll them up. Pour the fondue over the crepes.
A sweet and salty blend that’s just perfect for breakfast!
*Of course, a number of variations are possible, e.g., garnish your crepes with asparagus, spinach, or ham… But whatever you do, don’t forget to pour the fondue on the top of the rolled crepe.