- 250 mL (1 cup) flour
- 5 mL (1 tablespoon) baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 250 mL (1 cup) milk
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) canola oil
- 4 fresh figs, quartered or dried
- 6 dates, pitted and cut into thin strips
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey (extra for topping)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk honey with eggs for four (4) to five (5) minutes. Gradually whisk in oil and milk.
- Gradually whisk liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Spray with cooking spray or brush waffle iron plates with oil. Pour about 180 mL (3/4 cup) of mixture per waffle into waffle iron. Bake until the waffle turns golden brown and becomes crispy. Repeat steps with the rest of the mixture to make four (4) waffles.
- Prepare the 3 Fromages de l’Isle Fondue as directed.
- Garnish waffles with figs and dates. Pour fondue over waffles.
Waffles with a sweet and salty crunch… Waffles with more fondue!
*For slightly sweeter waffles, add a drizzle of honey at the last step.
Easily find our fondues!